Nursing Pajama : What is it?
Nursing pajamas, also called maternity pajamas, are designed to support a pregnant woman's belly and accommodate rapid growth. They are usually made of soft fabrics like cotton, Lycra, flannel, and satin, and feature loose or stretchable waists. The bottom is often curved at the waist and padded to support the stomach from the underside, and the top may have an open side for breastfeeding. Some pajamas are also designed to conceal the bulge of the stomach and make the wearer look slimmer. Most sets come in matching colors and patterns, and can be used after delivery during the breastfeeding stage.
Kinds of Nursing Pajamas include the following:
Two-piece nursing pajamas
- Two-piece nursing pajamas consist of a loose-fitting top and pants.
- The top may be sleeveless or short-sleeved and usually has a wide waist for ventilation.
- They usually include bra supports, button-down fronts, or pull-down flaps for breastfeeding.
Three-piece nursing pajamas
- Three-piece nursing pajamas consist of a tank top, pants, and a matching coat or jacket.
- The coat provides insulation and covers up the tank top. It is usually removed for breastfeeding.
- The tank top usually has adjustable straps, bra supports, and breastfeeding openings.
|Materials: Choose nursing pajamas made of soft, comfortable fabrics. Make sure the inner side is smooth and breathable, especially since the skin is more sensitive during pregnancy. Organic cotton is non-allergenic and ideal for sensitive skin. If you want a satin set, look for a double-layer construction to cover up the rough underside.|
Waistband: Make sure your nursing pajamas fit snugly around your waist without pinching or restraining your movement. Look for highly stretchable waistbands with a wide strip to even out the tension around your waist. Drawstring waistbands will allow you to adjust waist size and use the pajama bottoms after delivery.
Bra supports: Choose nursing pajamas that provide adequate support for the breasts. Look for those that open at the front or sides, or have fold-down cups to allow access for breastfeeding.
recommended nursing pajamas