Nursing Top : What is it?
Nursing tops allow mothers to breastfeed discreetly in public places. They are designed to look like regular tops, but have small, covered openings that allow access to the breast while exposing as little flesh as possible. They also provide extra support for the breasts, which may feel heavy and uncomfortable when engorged. Most nursing tops come in large sizes and slimming cuts.
Kinds of Nursing Tops include the following:
|All-around double layers|
- These nursing tops have a second layer of fabric covering an open top.
- The bottom layer covers the back and sides to support the breasts.
Double layer in front
- These nursing tops have an underlayer covering the front, and a top layer covering two openings.
- The top layer can also provide coverage while breastfeeding.
- These nursing tops have a loose front fabric that can be moved aside for breastfeeding.
- Nursing openings are located on both sides and can be covered by an outer fabric during feeding.
- These nursing tops have two loose layers overlapping to form a V-neck.
- The layers cover nursing openings on both sides and can be pulled aside to breastfeed.
Move aside tops
- These nursing tops consist of a tank top and cover shirt, which is usually buttoned at the top.
- The cover shirt can be moved aside to provide access to openings on the tank top, and used for cover while breastfeeding.
Vertical princess seams
- These nursing tops have vertical openings on the sides covered by a straight outer fabric.
- The openings can be accessed by pulling aside the outer fabric, which may also serve as a cover for breastfeeding.
|Materials: Choose a nursing top made of soft, breathable fabrics. Make sure the undersides are smooth and will not irritate your skin. Look for organic cotton fabrics if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergic reactions.|
Nursing openings: Choose a nursing top with wide nursing openings to allow easy access for breastfeeding. Make sure they are adequately covered by the outer fabric and can be sealed closed when not in use.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended nursing tops