Russian Hat : What is it?
Russian hats, also called ushanka or shapka hats, are made of genuine animal fur with long ear flaps secured at the chin or tied up to the crown. ‘Real’ ones are commonly made of coyote, beaver, mink, sheepskin, or raccoon fur. There are also Russian hats made of synthetic materials that resemble authentic animal fur.
Kinds of Russian Hats include the following:
|Coyote Russian hats|
- Coyote Russian hats are extremely soft and offer excellent heat insulation.
- They are available in shades of light brown to dark brown.
Rabbit Russian hats
- Rabbit Russian hats have a silky soft feel.
- They are ideal for everyday outdoor use and are available in gray, brown, white, and black.
Mink Russian hats
- Mink Russian hats are soft and shiny.
- They are commonly available in black.
Muskrat Russian hats
- Muskrat Russian hats are made of short-length, natural musk fur.
- They are cheaper than Mink Russian hats and are available in natural and dyed types.
Beaver Russian hats
- Beaver Russian hats are exceptionally silky to the touch.
- They are available in natural and dyed types.
Sheepskin Russian hats
- Sheepskin Russian hats are made of genuine sheepskin fur and suede.
- They are extremely soft and affordable.
Raccoon Russian hats
- Raccoon Russian hats are expensive.
- They are available in shades of brown.
|Go faux: If you are allergic to real animal fur or feel strongly against the use of real animal fur in clothing and accessories, choose Russian hats made of synthetic animal fur. Synthetic Russian hats look and feel like the genuine ones, but they are more affordable (and animal-friendly, of course).|
Quality: Well-made Russian hats stay beautiful for years with proper care. Consider investing in a good hat box to keep the fur (real or synthetic) from falling out and to help the color (dye) stay lustrous.
recommended russian hats