Umbrella : What is it?
Made of a waterproof fabric stretched widely and tautly over a wire frame, an umbrella covers from the direct heat of the sun and the rain They can be portable and allow carrying by hand, while others can be large and heavy for fixed used.
Kinds of Umbrellas include the following:
- Personal umbrellas are portable. They are designed to be carried by hand.
- They can come in a non-fordable or a foldable design that can be kept carried inside a bag.
- They are smaller and lighter than the other types of umbrellas.
- They usually have sturdy metal handles.
- They are available in different sizes, colors, and designs.
- Market umbrellas are made for use in sidewalk cafes and outdoor markets.
- They are designed to stand on their own.
- They are used to shade customers from the sun or rain while shopping or drinking.
- They are made up of a wide, stable base and a long, thick pole.
- Unlike other large, outdoor umbrellas, they do not have skirted valances.
- Beach umbrellas are designed for shore use. They are usually designed with pointed ends that allow them to be anchored on the sand for stability.
- They feature skirted valances.
- Their wide coverage can accommodate several people at once.
- They are portable.
- Patio umbrellas are made for patios, gardens, and backyards.
- They are large enough to cover a small outdoor table and a couple of chairs.
- Some models are made as stand alone structures.
- They usually have tilting mechanisms for adjusting the coverage angle depending on the direction of the sun or rain.
- They can have built-in lights for night use.
|Mechanisms: For easy operation, choose an umbrella with an easy opening and closing mechanism, and a tilting or rotating mechanism for coverage angle adjustment. If you want to get an aluminum umbrella, choose one with a crank lift for easy opening and a push button tilt.|
Breathability: Choose an umbrella made of an open-weave knitted fabric to prevent heat from locking inside and allow air to circulate freely.