TV Tuner Software : What is it?
TV tuner software decodes and plays the TV signals received by an antenna or tuner card. They are designed to be used with tuner cards, and may be provided with the hardware or downloaded from the Internet. They allow users to choose and program channels. usually serve as the viewing screen, although users can view images on a different program. They also add extra functions to the tuner, such as channel filtering, auto scan, and color and picture adjustments.
Kinds of TV Tuner Software include the following:
|Tuner card drivers|
- Tuner card drivers provide a display screen and interface for operating the TV tuner card.
- They are usually installed with the TV tuner card and often upgraded from the manufacturer’s website.
- They also provide additional features like favorite channel groups and encoding into MPEG-4 or other digital formats.
TV capture software
- TV capture software records incoming video onto the hard disk or a user-specified drive.
- They can also play streaming video and receive signals from Internet radio stations.
- Most programs can also export captured material to other programs for editing or burning onto CDs or DVDs.
|Program guides: Choose a TV tuner program with an electronic program guide (EPG) to keep you posted on upcoming shows. If you are an avid watcher, look an EPG that posts show schedules weekly or daily. Also make sure that your tuner card and provider both support EPG.|
Supported formats: Choose a TV tuner program that supports several display formats, including PAL, SECAM, and NTSC. For video and image capture, make sure it offers different file formats including MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 for video and JPEG, GIF, and PNG for images.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended tv tuner software