TV Mount : What is it?
TV mounts are devices used for mounting televisions on walls and ceilings. They are usually made of powder coated materials like steel for durability. They are ideal for cramped living rooms or areas with limited surfaces for holding televisions. They are available in platform and bracket models with different load capacities.
Kinds of TV Mounts include the following:
|Platform TV mounts|
- Platform TV mounts consist of a platform and an arm.
- They support a television by its base.
- The arm is mounted to the ceiling or wall, while the base is secured on the wall by friction pads, screws, and a front lip.
- They can be safe to use when made of durable materials and held by sturdy wall or ceiling joists.
- They provide limited swivel and tilting motions.
Bracket TV mounts
- Bracket TV mounts is made with an adjustable bracket that encloses the whole television.
- They have clamps with rubber grips that secure the television's front and back.
- Their bottom brackets are secured by screws.
- They are more secure than platform mounts.
- They provide a wider swivel and tilt range.
Fit: Choose a TV mount heavier than the weight of your television to ensure safety and stability.
Restrictions: Choose a bracket TV mount instead of a platform TV mount for school use. Some institutions restrict the use of platform TV mounts because of certain safety requirements.
Anti-theft: To prevent television units mounted in public places like schools and hospitals from being stolen, choose a TV mount with an anti-theft system that secures the unit to the mount, preventing outside access.
Tray: If you want to connect your VCR or DVD to your mounted TV, look for a TV mount made with an optional bottom tray.
Swivel: For more viewing angle options, choose a TV mount that can swivel to any desired angle.
When mounting a television, make sure it is not too high up your wall or ceiling. The people who are watching are forced to tilt their heads for extended periods of time, causing them neck or shoulder pain.
If you are not confident about properly installing your TV mount on your own, have a professional do it for you.
recommended tv mounts