Dental Drill : What is it?
Dental drills, also known as dentist’s drills, are dental equipment used by professional dentists to extract rotten tooth debris and treat dental caries. They can also be use in industrial applications like drilling through hard pieces of jewelry. They have a high rotating speed of 800,000 revolutions per minute (rpm).
Dental drills are made of steel burs coated in diamond or tungsten carbide coverings. They produce harsh and shrilly sounds when used.
Kinds of Dental Drills include the following:
|Intermediate implant dental drills|
- Intermediate implant dental drills are made of smooth stainless steel.
- They have twisted drills ideal for external irrigation.
- They are available in different diameter sizes.
Implant pilot dental drills
- Implant pilot dental drills are made of polished stainless steel.
- They have sharp, needle-like tips that provide depth, position, and angle accuracy.
- They are available in different drill diameters.
- They can have sharp or round tips.
|Color code: Choose a dental drill with color-coded markings that allow you to measure drilling depths precisely. The markings act as guides in extensive dental procedures.|
Compatibility: Choose a dental drill compatible with your dental drill handpiece, as dental drill diameters can vary. Consult your drill manufacturer for sizing recommendations.
recommended dental drills