Nail Polish : What is it?
Nail polish is used to decorate and protect one’s nails. Modern nail polishes are made of dissolved nitrocellulose and various dyes, although purely protective varieties are usually colorless. They usually come in small bottles with applicator caps, and applied by brushing over the nail from the base outward. Most polishes are applied in two coats for a more even finish, although the thickness of the coat depends on the shade and consistency of the polish.
Kinds of Nail Polishes include the following:
Fast-drying nail polish
- Fast-drying nail polish is designed to dry faster than regular nail polishes.
- They tend to chip off more easily and tend to fade when exposed to sunlight.
- They are usually labeled quick-drying or 60-second nail polish.
Long-lasting nail polish
- Long-lasting or extended wear nail polish is designed to resist chipping and fading over long periods.
- They are ideal for those who perform manual work where the nails are exposed to impact, pressure, and other forms of abuse.
Strengthening nail polish
- Strengthening polish adds strength and hardness to weak or brittle nails.
- They usually contain protein and other nutrients to help build up damaged nails.
Growth-enhancing nail polish
- Growth-enhancing polish is used to speed up nail growth.
- They usually contain calcium and vitamins to nourish overworked nails.
All-in-one nail polish
- All-in-one nail polish contains a base coat, color coat, and top coat material, eliminating the need to apply multiple layers.
- They are time-saving and ideal for busy people who have limited time for a full application.
|Finish: Choose a nail polish with a matte finish for a more natural look. For formal occasions and parties, choose a glossy or glitter finish for elegance. Stick to neutral colors that will go well with any outfit.|
Thickness: Choose a moderately thick nail polish that clings well to your nail. Thicker polishes faster and do not chip off as easily, but may be more difficult to remove.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended nail polishes