Vitamin For Hair Loss : What is it?
Vitamins for hair loss are taken as dietary supplements to address vitamin-induced hair loss. Lack of vitamins in the scalp is one of the major cause of thinning hair and eventual balding. These vitamins make up for the insufficient vitamin supply received by the hair from the food we eat.
Hair loss vitamins help men and women address their conditions in very different ways. For men, these vitamins help block the formation of DHT, which is the lead cause of men's hair loss. Meanwhile, in women, these vitamins are targeted at reducing the effects of hormonal changes, as the most visible cause of hormonal changes in women is hair loss.
Kinds of Vitamins For Hair Loss include the following:
- Includes B1, B2, B5, B6, B9 and B12.
- Also includes Biotin or Vitamin H, which is probably the most important vitamin for hair loss because it aids the body in producing keratin. Keratin is the main protein with which our hair is made of.
- Helpful in restoring hair coloration
- Deficiency of these vitamins induces the over production of sebum, which can clog and block follicles and inhibit hair growth
Vitamin C and E
- These two are very effective anti-oxidants that can clear your skin and scalp from harmful toxins.
- Vitamin C and E are proven to give your hair more luster.
Inositol and Folic acid
- These two minerals promote the health of the cells found in your follicles, hair and scalp.
- Inositol helps in promoting stronger hair growth from within your scalp.
- Folic acid is a known to help maintain good cell division and healthy hair growth.
Dosage. Choose a vitamin with proper dosage as excessive amounts of vitamins in your body can cause your more problems than solution. Best to consult a dietician or doctor for the right amount of vitamins to take.
Drug sensitivity. Know to which drugs or chemicals you are sensitive to. Also, if you are on current medication, ask from your physician what kinds of vitamins go well with your medicines.
recommended vitamins for hair loss