Wig : What is it?
A wig is an artificial head of hair that can be made of human hair, horsehair, or synthetic materials. It consists of a hair cap woven or injected with strands of hair. It is worn on the head for fashion, role-playing, disguise, cosmetic enhancement, and other stylistic reasons including religious and cultural observance. It is commonly worn to disguise baldness. It is a popular option for those suffering from temporary or permanent alopecia. It is available in different colors, hairstyles, and lengths.
Kinds of Wigs include the following:
|Natural hair wig |
- Natural hair wig is the most natural looking wig.
- It has the same appearance and texture as real hair.
- It behaves like real hair because it is natural.
- It is commonly used by those suffering from alopecia and those who need to disguise baldness.
- It is the least detectable wig yet the hardest to maintain.
- It can be tinted or dyed just like natural hair.
- It can last for only six months to a year.
- A synthetic wig is made of synthetic hair that looks like real hair.
- It is easier to maintain, but it is also the easiest to detect.
- It is more affordable than natural hair wig.
- It is commonly used as fashion wigs.
- A blended wig combines the best features of natural hair and synthetic wig.
- It is less detectable than a synthetic wig and easier to maintain than a natural hair wig.
- It is commonly used as costume wigs.
|Cap: Look for a wig with a breathable cap to prevent it from trapping sweat when worn for an extended period. |