Threader Earring : What is it?
Threader earrings, also called ear threads or ear strings, are worn by threading a chain through an ear piercing. Instead of push or screw locks, threader earrings have long chains attached to the shaft and allowed to dangle from the ear. The dangling end is usually decorated with jewels or pendants. The chains range from three to five inches long, and are thin enough to fit through a piercing. Longer chains may be threaded through multiple piercings for a more interesting look.
Kinds of Threader Earrings include the following:
|Gold threader earrings|
- Gold threader earrings have chains and pendants made of yellow or white gold.
- The pendants come in different shapes. Hoops and link chains are the most common designs.
- They are non-allergenic and are ideal for people with sensitive piercings.
Platinum threader earrings
- Platinum threader earrings have a warm white hue similar to low-grade silver or white gold.
- They are slightly heavier but more durable than gold threader earrings.
- They also feature differently shaped pendants and are often plated to improve their luster.
Jeweled threader earrings
- Jeweled threader earrings have gold or platinum chains decorated with one or several jewels.
- The jewels may be set in basket mounts or bezels, depending on their cut.
- Single jewels usually dangle from the end of the chain, while multiple jewels are set in lines or patterns.
|Chain length: Choose threader earrings with a long chain for a more secure hold. Short chains can be pulled down by the weight of the pendants and fall off. Make sure the length of the chain balances the weight of the pendant – heavier pendants need longer chains to pull them back.|
Chain material: Choose threader earrings with non-allergenic or hypoallergenic chains to prevent irritation. This is especially important if you have sensitive or newly pierced ears. Gold chains are usually safe, but make sure they do not contain metal alloys that may cause allergic reactions.
Pendants: Choose threader earrings with lighter pendants to keep them from pulling the chain down. Multiple jewels or links may be too heavy, especially if you have a short chain. Look for simpler designs such as single pendants or hoops.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended threader earrings