White Gold Earring : What is it?
White gold earrings are made from a combination of gold and other metals. They have a dull gray or silvery shade, and are often plated with other elements to make them shinier. They are available in various styles, including drop earrings, threaders, studs, and chandeliers. They can also be decorated with jewels to add color.
Kinds of White Gold Earrings include the following:
|Nickel white gold earrings|
- Nickel white gold earrings are made up of 18 parts of gold, four parts nickel, and one part each of copper and zinc.
- They are cheaper than palladium white gold and are fairly durable.
- They are bleached to a color closely resembling platinum.
- The nickel content can cause dermatitis or allergic reactions in some people.
Palladium white gold earrings
- Palladium white gold earrings contain 18 parts of gold, four parts palladium, and one part each of silver and copper.
- They have a slightly warmer shade and more luster than nickel white gold.
- They are more expensive than nickel white gold, but are non-allergenic and safer to use.
|Plating: Choose white gold earrings electroplated with rhodium to help keep their luster. Make sure the plating will not come off easily. Platings tend to rub off over time, but they should last at least a few months. Ask your dealer if they offer re-plating or re-polishing warranties.|
Locks: Choose white gold earrings with push or screw locks to keep them from falling off. Choose screw locks for heavy earrings, such as 18-karat pieces or jeweled chandeliers. For smaller, lighter designs, you can go for a push lock or even stylish ones like threaders.
recommended white gold earrings