Bird Toy : What is it?
Bird toys stimulate bird activity, exercise, and learning. They can be made of plastic, wood, or leather. They can be suspended from a cage or set on the floor to promote interaction.
Kinds of Bird Toys include the following:
Hanging bird toys
- Hanging bird toys are suspended from the top of birdcages by C-links.
- They are usually made of plastic and wood.
- They are ideal for small to medium birds.
Ground bird toys
- Ground bird toys are meant to be played at the bottom of birdcages or on the ground.
- They usually come in the form of whiffle balls with jingling bells that stimulate birds.
- They can be made of plastic or pure rubber.
|Hanging mechanism: Choose a hanging bird toy with a C-link or quick link made of solid metal that does not contain zinc and lead. A C-link is harder to unfasten than a jack chain. |
Materials used: Choose a bird toy made of plastic and wood such as ash, aspen, apple, cottonwood, beech, cactus, elm, dogwood, fir, crabapple, larch, hawthorn, poplar, willow, and pine to make it safe for birds. Marbella and acrylic plastic are also bird-friendly if not ingested. If you want to get a leather bird toy, make sure it is only vegetable tanned and not dyed.
recommended bird toys