Cone : What is it?
Cones are conical warning devices made of durable PVC plastic materials. They have wide square bases to keep them upright. They are made to withstand blows and pressures without getting deformed. They come in different heights and bright colors like red, yellow, and orange. They can be used individually or in groups to mark practice and training areas, hazardous sites, and road accident sites.
Kinds of Cones include the following:
|Practice cones |
- Practice cones come in nine-, 12-, 15-, and 18-inch-tall models.
- They are made of durable nonflexible plastic.
- They are stackable for convenient storage.
- They have wide and heavy bases that prevent them from tipping over when knocked down.
- They are ideal for team practice drills like in soccer and other field sports.
- Training cones come in at least nine-inch-tall models.
- They are ideal for marking training areas and defining restricted sections.
- They are made of nonflexible plastic.
- They are collapsible for easy storage.
- They cannot be easily knocked down by wind because of their sturdy constructions.
- Safety cones come in 18-, 25-, 28-, and 36-inch-tall models.
- They are made of heavy-duty PVC plastic.
- They have split sides that make them easy to collapse when weighted.
- They are used for road and building construction sites.
|Use: For barricading wet floors, choose cones with floor signs like “Caution” or “Caution: Wet Floor.” |
Holes: Choose cones with anchoring holes on each of their base corners for inserting the pegs or screws. These feature allows them to be set firmly on the ground.
Height: For training purposes in team drills, choose short cones to prevent the players from tripping or falling over them.
Flashing hazard lights: Choose safety cones that can be fitted with flashing hazard lights at their tips for warning oncoming traffic of a road accident up ahead.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|