Hand Wrap : What is it?
Hand wraps are sports safety accessories wound around the wrists, knuckles, and hands. They are manually tensioned and stretched to protect the hand bones during practice, training, or competing in contact sports like boxing and martial arts.
Hand wraps can be made of pure cotton or a mixture of nylon and cotton. Their standard length is 110 inches, but they also come in longer lengths such as the Mexican-style hand wraps, which are 170 to 180 inches long. They come in different colors and in youth and women’s sizes.
Kinds of Hand Wraps include the following:
|Cloth hand wraps|
- Cloth hand wraps are traditionally made of pure cotton weave.
- They are extremely durable.
- They provide maximum support for the knuckles, wrists, and hands.
- They come with thumb closures and loops.
- They have an approximate length of 110 inches.
- They are available in different colors.
Stretch hand wraps
- Stretch hand wraps are made of a mixture of approximately 67% nylon and 33% cotton fabric.
- They are also known as Mexican-style hand wraps.
- They are more flexible compared to cloth hand wraps. They contour better to the user’s hands, wrists, and knuckles.
- They are 170 to 180 inches long and two inches wide.
|Length: Choose hand wraps with the standard length of 110 inches for training, practice, and recreational purposes. For maximum protection in a boxing or martial arts match, get Mexican-style hand wraps that are long enough to wrap around your hands, wrists, and knuckles.|
Hook and loop closures: To prevent your hand wraps from loosening, look for hand wraps with hook and loop closures.
recommended hand wraps