Megaphone : What is it?
A megaphone is a funnel-shaped audio equipment designed to carry a person’s voice towards a specific direction. Its funnel shape focuses the sound instead of dispersing it, allowing the sound to travel farther. A megaphone is commonly used in cheer rallies, team drills, emergencies, and other situations requiring sound to be heard by a targeted audience.
Kinds of Megaphones include the following:
- A plastic megaphone is made of molded plastic.
- It is waterproof, making it ideal for outdoor use.
- It has a handle and mouthpiece made of metal.
- Its large end has rolled edges, giving it more structure.
- It is 19 to 32 inches long.
- An electric megaphone comes in 10 and 20 watts.
- It is battery-operated.
- The sound it produces can be heard up to 1,000 feet away.
- It comes in regular and handheld types.
|Siren buttons: For emergency use, choose an electric megaphone with a siren button that allows you to get a crowd’s attention immediately.|
Use: For use in large outdoor venues, choose an electric megaphone that can be heard up to 1,000 feet away. Get a plastic megaphone for use in smaller events like indoor pep rallies.