Softball Bat : What is it?
Softball bats are made of wood, aluminum, or titanium carbon. They have long barrels up to 34 inches long with sweet spots that help the ball travel faster and farther when hit. They come in different lengths and weights for youth and adult players. Light softball bats can weigh as little as 12 ounces, while full-sized ones can be as heavy as 38 ounces.
Kinds of Softball Bats include the following:
Wood softball bats
- Wood softball bats are made of coated hardwood like maple.
- They are crack-resistant even when hitting heavy cage balls.
- They are ideal for practice and training.
- They are used to increase the player’s wrist strength, sweet spot feel, and eye-hand coordination.
Titanium carbon softball bats
- Titanium carbon softball bats are made of strong and flexible titanium composites.
- The titanium layers react with the metal alloys to make the bats more durable.
- They are approximately 34 inches long.
- They are ideal for professional men and women softball players.
Aluminum softball bats
- Aluminum softball bats are made of lightweight aluminum alloy.
- They offer fast batting speeds and longer batting distances.
Fastpitch softball bats
- Fastpitch softball bats are used by high school, college, and professional softball players.
- They are made of lightweight dent-resistant materials.
- They come in minus 9 or 10-drop softball types.
- They are used for fast and hard batting across great distances.
- They have composite handles for better grip.
- They weight 12 to 21 ounces.
Slowpitch softball bats
- Slowpitch softball bats are general-purpose bats usually made of wood
- They have cushioned handles for maximum grip and comfort.
- They are made of durable yet flexible materials that allow the barrels to flex, bend, and gather power to “whip” balls faster and farther.
- They have longer sweet spots that increase the chances of ball hits.
|Approval: Choose a softball bat that has been approved by governing bodies like the NSA, ASA. ISA, ISF, and USSSA. These associations approve certain softball bats for use based on the materials used, weight, and overall quality. |
Barrel design: Choose a softball bat with a bottle barrel construction for increased sweet spot to boost your chances of hitting the ball consistently.
Weight: Choose a softball bat proportional to your height and weight. Get a light 12-ounce bat for young players and a heavier one up to 38 ounces for adult players.
Materials used: For a practice softball bat, choose one made of wood with a bamboo core. The bamboo core strengthens the bat and prevents it from cracking and splitting even after regular use. Get a lightweight and durable titanium or aluminum softball bat for competitive or professional playing. It is a well-balanced bat engineered to hit balls faster and farther.
recommended softball bats